What Does N52 Magnet Mean?
If you’re into magnets, you’ve probably heard of neodymium magnets like the Grade N52.
Neodymium magnets, such as Grade N52, N50, N48, N45, N42, N40, and N35, are the world’s strongest and most commercial magnets. People can find these neodymium magnets in a wide range of devices.
Grade N52 usually refers to neodymium magnets made of neodymium, boron, and iron alloy with high strength in the magnetic field.
Please continue reading to learn everything there is to know about Grade N52!
What is the Difference between Temporary and Permanent Magnets?
Grade N52 magnets and other neodymium magnets are known as permanent magnets. However, there are different types of magnets, known as temporary magnets.
We have listed some of the differences between the two down below:
|Permanent Magnet||Temporary Magnet|
|When it comes to permanent magnets, their atoms are always aligned.||A temporary magnet’s atoms only get aligned when exposed to a strong magnetic field. When a temporary magnet is overheated, its atomic structure changes, becoming a permanent magnet.|
|A permanent magnet generates its persistent magnetic field.||Temporary Magnets lose their magnetism once the magnetic field is removed.|
A permanent magnet, like neodymium magnets, generates its persistent magnetic field. For example, a neodymium pin magnet can fix notes on the whiteboard.
Temporary Magnets major in “temporary”. Once the magnetic field is removed, it will lose its magnetism. Like paperclips, screws, metal bolts, iron nails, kitchen utensils, and similar objects.
Another typical example of a temporary magnet is an electromagnet pulling scrap metal in a junkyard. The temporary magnet attracts scrap metal when the current is flowing. It then releases it when the flow of the current stops.
Where is N52 Magnets Used?
Although Grade N52 neodymium magnets are highly required for rare metal material mix recipes, they are currently used in many technological applications due to their size and strength. Grade N52 neodymium magnets are used mainly in items that require a tiny yet strong neodymium magnet.
Following are some of the applications in which N52 neodymium magnets are currently being used:
- Electronic items, appliances, and tools include electric motors, generators, battery-powered devices, etc.
- Smart household items.
- Magnetic building sets.
- Parachute equipment.
- Scientific applications.
Factors to Consider While Choosing an N52 Neodymium Magnet
One thing you need to know is that if you’re purchasing Grade N52 neodymium magnets, strength isn’t the only criterion that needs to be considered. Buyers should also take the following aspects into account:
Dimensions and Tolerance
One of the essential factors in determining the quality of neodymium magnets is the neodymium magnet’s dimensions and tolerance.
Before an order is approved, the neodymium magnet manufacturer and customers must agree on the dimensions and tolerances. If you plan on customizing Grade N52 neodymium magnets, you can send a drawing of neodymium magnets with all the measurements and tolerances.
The dimensions often can be customized from 1mm-100mm, while the tolerance can be ±0.05 or customized according to your needs.
The magnetization of neodymium magnets takes place after the plating process. Neodymium magnets can be magnetized in many directions, such as radial, axial, etc. Thus, If you want to magnetize your Grade N52 neodymium magnets, you have the following options:
|Neodymium Magnet Type||Magnetization|
|Disc or Cylinder||Axial Magnetization or Radial Magnetization|
|Ring||Axial Magnetization or Radial Magnetization|
You can customize your Grade N52 neodymium magnets to meet your specific requirements. For more information regarding magnetization, please click here for your reference.
Operating temperature and Curie Temperature are two levels of heat exposure that are important during a neodymium magnet’s lifespan.
The operating temperature, also known as the working temperature, is the range in which a neodymium magnet can operate well. The maximum operating temperature for neodymium magnets under the “N” grade, such as N35, N52, etc., is 80°C or 176°F.
The Curie Temperature indicates what temperature a piece of neodymium magnet is before losing its magnetic force permanently. The maximum Curie temperature for neodymium magnets under the “N” grade is 310°C or 590°F.
Please click here for more information regarding different grades of neodymium magnets and their temperatures.
If you wish to order Grade N52 neodymium magnets in bulk, you may be able to get a discount as the order size grows. To put it another way, buying more can help you save more. While placing an order, ensure to re-check the quantity.
Grade N52 neodymium magnets are plated to prevent corrosion and chipping. While placing an order, selecting a corrosion-resistant coating for your neodymium magnets is required. Nickel-plated or zinc-plated or other. Nickel-copper-nickel plated layers are the most commonly used to prevent corrosion.
The packaging usually depends on the quantity ordered, exporting standards, and customers’ requests. While placing an order, you must not forget whether you need neodymium magnet spacers; or other package requirements.
Neodymium magnet spacers are usually ½ of the neodymium magnet thickness, and the material is non-abrasive and non-magnetic.
ROBO Magnetic has years of experience in manufacturing and supplying neodymium magnets. Our in-house capabilities offer neodymium magnets in customized sizes, dimensions, tolerance, coatings, packaging, and other specifications.
How Much Weight Can the N52 neodymium Magnet Support?
As mentioned above, neodymium magnets are the most powerful rare earth permanent magnets available.
Neodymium magnets can attract 640 times their weight and suck substances more than 600 times in normal circumstances.
As neodymium magnets have different dimensions, tolerances, and other specifications, the computation of how much weight a Grade N52 neodymium magnet can support can be tricky.
There are still several methods for determining a neodymium magnet’s strength. The strength of the magnetic field and pulled force are the most common measures.
The magnetic field strength is measured in Tesla or Gauss. It can be influenced by the neodymium magnet’s grade, shape, and size.
The pulled force measurement, which determines how much power is required to detach the neodymium magnet from the object or surface, is commonly measured in kilograms, pounds, or newtons.
You can use a magnetic measuring instrument to determine how much your Grade N52 neodymium magnet can support. Other than that, the following formula of neodymium magnet suction force can also help you figure out how much weight your neodymium magnet can support:
Neodymium Magnet volume × Density × 600 (Multiple)
- Density: The density of Grade N52 neodymium magnet is approximately 7.55 grams per cubic centimeter.
- Neodymium Magnet Weight: neodymium Magnet Weight is what you get after multiplying neodymium Magnet Volume and Density. For example, (20mm×10mm×5mm) × 0.00755 = 7.55g
- Neodymium Magnet Suction: 7.55 x 600 = 4530g
Thus, a 20mm×10mm×5mm Grade N52 neodymium magnet can absorb around 4.53kg of ferruginous material. A neodymium magnet’s suction force is related to its performance grade, volume, distance, and other grades.
10 Things that Factory Workers Should Pay Attention to When They Come into Contact with Neodymium Magnets
High-grade neodymium magnets are helpful, but often, they can be dangerous too. Neodymium Magnets are used regularly in factories and industries. Given the risky nature of the job in these environments, factory workers must be mindful of several things to avoid adding needless hazards to the mix.
Following are ten things that factory workers should pay attention to when they come into contact with neodymium magnets, of course including Grade N52 neodymium magnets:
- We recommended that those with nickel allergies avoid contacting neodymium magnets, including Grade N52.
- When working with Grade N52 and other high-grade neodymium magnets, we advise factory workers to confirm not to carry a ferruginous thing to protect self-security.
- Given the intense magnetic power of neodymium magnets, keeping them away from electronic items is best. If the devices are brought closer than a safe distance of 20cm from the neodymium magnets, their influence will stop.
- One of the most dangerous hazards for factory workers is using iron-based equipment near neodymium magnets. Thus, workers only need to bring non-magnetic tools (such as brass or aluminum instruments) inside the exclusion zone to avoid this risk.
- Even though Grade N52 neodymium magnets are usually smaller in size, neodymium magnets still have the capability of causing fractures to factory workers, making it imperative to handle them with extreme caution and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Neodymium magnets have the power to cause irreversible eye damage if neodymium magnets shatter as a result of the impact. Thus, factory workers must wear safety goggles when working with neodymium magnets.
- To reduce the risk of blisters and cuts from fingers caught between neodymium magnets, we advise factory workers to wear gloves to protect themselves against pinching hazards.
- Factory workers also need to be cautious of their health assistance devices, such as pacemakers, as neodymium magnets can stop them from normal work.
- Factory workers are encouraged to use wood, cardboard, plastic spacers, or keepers when separating neodymium magnets for storage or transportation.
- The powder or dust of a neodymium magnet is highly flammable. The dust could catch fire if you grind or drill a neodymium magnet in a poorly ventilated area.
Where Can I Buy Grade N52 Neodymium Magnets in Bulk?
ROBO Magnetic is an excellent choice if you’re looking for manufacturers to purchase high-quality Grade neodymium magnets in large quantities.
Our factory has been an experienced high-tech neodymium magnet manufacturer and supplier since 2006, shipping an estimated 800 tons of neodymium magnets annually.
We have advanced technology, sophisticated equipment, and a comprehensive quality system. Which support, we can provide a wide range of sizes, Grades, and coatings of neodymium magnets, including offering Grade N52. And guarantee provides export quality and quick delivery.
Once you decide to buy, please think of robomagnetic.com to get a quote and purchase.
Leave A Comment